CD Release Party


Starlite Radio CD Release Party
on May 31st (doors open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm)
at Memorial Hall (downtown Rockford)
Tickets are $5
check out www.starliteradio.com (more info to be posted soon)

For anyone that may not have known, I have been an extra musician in this other band for a year and a half or so, and it has been pretty good for me. It's really helped me to not feel like I used to be a musician.

When they started making their album, I thought it might be a fairly reasonable homebrew effort, but it grew into something much better than that such that I can confidently say that I'm proud to be a side musician on it, and should you be fortunate enough to hear it, I think you'll agree.

The project took most of a year to make and was mixed by Don Chaffer of Waterdeep fame (or obscurity depending on which circles you travel) which is a pretty big deal for me.
This thing is also full of sweet bgv's, which it turns out are hilarious to record. If you happen to be in the state that evening, it might be a fun time.

some of the album is actually available for listen here
http://www.myspace.com/starliteradio

bgv's are background vocals. Jargon is like an inside joke or something.

Shawn

2 Response to "CD Release Party"

  1. reinders Says:

    i REALLY wish i could be there for that. are you playing with them that night?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Just reserved tickets, yay! Thanks for reminding me!

    -Audrey