LOTS of Cabin Fever

Hey guys--I know it's been a while since I did an actual blog. things are crazy here. CRAZY. here is just a list of what's been going on.

1. The girls have major cabin fever. (not just beaver fever.) They are bouncing off the walls. They ask me several times a day when they can go back to the park to play. And they are bored to death. They hate all my ideas for craft/science/math projects and they are doing crazy things--like climbing on pianos (WHAT??!) and standing on the counter to sneak tastes of honey. Seriously. Every time I turn my back they are doing something completely insane.

2. Every single room in our house is a complete disaster. We've been redecorating our bedroom and somehow that made every other room explode. there is just stuff everywhere! And the worst part is that none of it has a place. We've had to rearrange a lot of things and we got rid of some dressers/got new dressers so nothing really has a place yet. I want things to be super organized so I'm trying not to just stuff all the junk in the new dressers, but if I don't figure out something soon--it is going to have to come to that.

3. Ruby insists on being called "Diego Go." She's seen "Go, Diego, Go!" a couple of times now, and she loves it. She's always pretending to rescue animals and all that. Well--for the last three days she hasn't let me call her Ruby at all. She won't respond to any question unless I call her Diego Go. I'll say, "Ruby, do you want some juice?" and she'll say, "I just Diego Go." and she won't answer unless i say, "Diego Go, do you want some juice?" It was funny for a while, but now it's really starting to get on my nerves. I named her Ruby!! How long is this going to last??

4. The neighbors keep banging on my door and yelling at me for parking in front of their houses! It's been snowing a lot here, and we are supposed to do that even/odd thing--we park on the even side of the street on the even days, and the odd side of the street on the odd days. anyway--every time I park somewhere other than right in front of my own house, someone comes over to yell at me!! I've always considered us to be really good neighbors--we're not drug dealers, we're not loud, and we aren't letting our house fall to ruins. We don't even have any annoying dogs! I mean--what more could you ask for in this neighborhood?? I guess the neighbors don't look at it that way...

5. I had to quit women's Bible study at church after being told that my kids were going to grow up to hate Jesus and hate me and that I am disobeying God's commands because of the way I parent! blah. I don't really feel like going into details about it right now, but I wanted to mention it so you could see how awkward things have been at church lately.

6. I am not prepared for the new baby at all! I feel like I haven't done any planning, or organizing--the house is a mess--our car doesn't fit 3 carseats--we don't have names picked out--ruby is crazy attached to the crib and I was expecting to have her on the bottom bunk by now--and I feel like I haven't had any time to prepare mentally or emotionally for having THREE kids.

So--yeah. I feel like things have been really chaotic lately. And dumb. And I am soooo ready for summer. And I miss all my friends who live far away. And I wish I had an attached garage. And some chocolate.

love ya, val

6 Response to "LOTS of Cabin Fever"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    BIG deaverness...big big big big deaverness.
    Venting is good and I know you aren't asking for solutions, but maybe it would be fun to have some silly solutions for serious problems?? Eh? Ok maybe not...but here goes.
    1. Declare a "bounce off the walls night". So buy a ton of bouncyballs and throw them everywhere just so you feel like you are one with the bouncyballs.
    2. Do the bouncyball thing in the disaster rooms so you don't feel like you destroyed yet another room.
    3. Start calling her Diego Stop.
    4. If you throw lots of bouncyballs at the neighbors houses when the kids are cabin fever crazy, it will give them something to do and something else for them to yell at you about instead of the stupid parking complaint.
    5. Sorry I don't have a solution about the dumb bible study. That just sucks, I'm sorry Val. :( Throw bouncyballs at them too.
    6. Uhhh, tell Ruby that the bottom bunkbed is a fort for Diego Go only(and then put sheets around it so it feels cool). Either she will change her name back to Ruby or you will get her to sleep in a real bed.
    :) Those are my silly solutions for real problems. They have no purpose but to make you laugh. :)

  2. Wadsworthmommy Says:

    I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh at Diego, Go! Hope the week calms down and if you need a break you can always come visit us :)

  3. valandshawn Says:

    those are pretty good ideas, becky. you rock.

    i think maybe my blog sounded crankier than i am. i really just feel like taking a vacation on the beach until it warms up here. then ruby would get used to sleeping on the beach and then bottom bunk wouldn't be a big deal when we got home. and the snow would be all gone when we got back so the neighbors would stop being cranky. and then i would come back to the disaster mess with a fresh outlook and i would know where to put everything.

    oooh--even better-how about a buddy cation--to the beach! with all our favorite buddies!

    love! val!

  4. Deaver Says:

    yah i could definitely use a vacation to a nice, warm beach. let's go.

  5. reinders Says:

    umm...warm beach? i think this plan needs to come to fruition. p.s. becky's suggestions are good, i think maybe you should try some...especially the throwing bouncy balls at people that deserve it. miss you,
    Rach

  6. Anonymous Says:

    Val, it's Carrie .... I live in Rockford we should get together!