Work

So--I'm keeping a tally of how much Shawn works this week. The way I calculate it is hours away from home--so that does include several hours of driving.

Monday: 6:00am-6:00pm (12 hours)
Tuesday: 6:00am-1:30am! (19.5 hours)
Wednesday: 7:00am-7:00pm (12 hours)
Thursday: 12:00pm-8:00pm (8 hours) We had a nice morning this day.
Friday: 6:30am-6:30pm (12 hours)


Plus at least 1/2 hour each night for phone calls (which I am not including in my tally of hours away from home, I am just mentioning them so that you have a better understanding of what his at home hours are like)

63.5 hours, and he's taking Saturday off, so I'm excited about that!

The kids and I are doing great, so I really can't complain about that. We have our routines, I have my ways of dealing with any problems, and we've been having so much fun...

Maybe that's actually the worst part--that we're doing so well without him.

4 Response to "Work"

  1. christopher Says:

    This post is extra sad.

  2. reinders Says:

    val, i'm worried about you...call me if you want.

  3. Emily Says:

    I (sort of) know how you feel. Greg used to have a job like that and even though we didn't have kids, I was very lonely alot. But he did eventually "move up" and found a better job that allowed him hours that pretty much matched mine. I hope Shawn can do the same.

  4. Wadsworthmommy Says:

    I don't know how you do it! Glad you are doing okay! Give me a call (or email since I now am back into internet land) and we'll plan a date!