Where's daddy?

I heard that yesterday my family was having lunch and a conversation occurred like this:

Ruby: Where's Daddy?

Lucy: Daddy's in jail!


I'm glad my kids miss me when I'm gone. I had Thursday night meeting last night, came home at 11:30 and crawled into a bed full of cheezits. My life is pretty funny, but it's still not that great to come home from a 15 hour work day to discover your kids put cheezits in your bed. They must not have put them on Val's side, because I don't think she could sleep on cheezits. They're so pointy!

Anyway, it's easy to laugh about it the next day.

Not in jail,
Shawn

2 Response to "Where's daddy?"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I think you just aren't seeing the Cheezits incident in the right light - your kids left a snack for you! I think it's really thoughtful, but I do love me some Cheezits!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Sometimes work feels like jail. I wonder what jail feels like.