Yes, it's true...



We're moving to Dixon. Pretty crazy, right? And it's also true that we are buying a huge weird house. I am excited, and worried, and overwhelmed, but mostly wondering what this new phase of life will be like. I think it'll be fun, I've decided. =)

We kind of alternate between feeling like we are doing something crazy and impulsive, to feeling like we are doing what we've really wanted to do all along.

And there is definitely room for chickens in our new big yard. =)

So--if any of you are going to be in the Rockford/Dixon area over Christmas break and need a break from family and festivities =) we are having a huge party...um...I mean an huge buddy moving day, and a huge buddy fix-the-old-house day! and you're invited!

Oh yes, and that's the other thing--we are closing on the new house December 19th! Crazy.

And the fireplace room is the only NOT weird part of the house. There's teacup wallpaper! And pillars! And a sink in the master bedroom! And a weird budweiser bar in the basement! And a mural! And I think I love it!

6 Response to "Yes, it's true..."

  1. Wadsworthmommy Says:

    What?!?! You're moving to Dixon? Why didn't anyone tell me this!?!?!?!
    Seriously, we are so there for the buddy party/moving/fixing up day!!

  2. Wadsworthmommy Says:

    Do the bookshelves stay? Those are really pretty!! I vote you keep the teacup wallpaper--LOL.

  3. valandshawn Says:

    haha kendra.

    yes, the bookshelves stay.

    and also--you will have a newborn!! you are totally exempt from helping. of course, i will need someone to hang out with me and keep me from freaking out while the guys are moving all the heavy stuff, so maybe you and koala baby can help me with that.

    =)

  4. Deaver Says:

    WHOA! Do you guys realize there's a real movement going on here? First Chris moves back, then Wadsworths, now Stonesifers! It will be a matter of months before we get an announcement from the Milligans. How much you wanna bet?

    I'll be in Dixon sometime around Christmas but not sure when. I'd love to stop by and help/see the new place!

  5. Anonymous Says:

    I'm sort of shocked, but happy for you! Are you still coming over tomorrow? I'll call you on my lunch break if I don't hear from you before that.

  6. Mike Lyons Says:

    Your place, btw, is way more awesomer in real life.