Angelic Organics

We just got our first boxes of fruits and veggies yesterday! I am so excited. Lucy and Ruby are really excited about the fruits--when we picked them up they immediately pulled out a peach and a pluot (which apparently is a cross between a plum and an apricot) and ate them right there.

We got some normal stuff--grapes, peaches, broccoli, spinach, scallions...
And some not so normal stuff--swiss chard, choi, radishes (which are normal, but I don't like them, so I still need to find some recipe that I can use them in that isn't too radish-y) and garlic scapes (which I didn't know about, but I won't have any trouble putting these to use).

It's so exciting! Today I made mac & cheese with swiss chard for lunch, and creamy choi soup for supper--which were both really good and not weird at all! Tomorrow I'm planning on making a spinach and garlic scape frittata. It's really exciting to be handed vegetables and to be told--"Here! Do something with this!"

It's also really helpful that the farm sent us a cookbook. =)


love, val

1 Response to "Angelic Organics"

  1. Wadsworthmommy Says:

    Sounds like something right up the stonesifers alley! Glad you are enjoing the goodies