Pine nuts!

I just had my first experience eating pine nuts, and I must say that it's the perfect combination experience between eating sunflower seeds and eating a tree. For whatever reason, I was kind of okay with it. I'm not saying you should definitely try it, but if you're like, hey, let's eat something wierd, pine nuts would offer the right excitement level while still being a better choice than, say, a pine tree.

I hear Ruby loves them too.

Shawn

5 Response to "Pine nuts!"

  1. Wadsworthmommy Says:

    Sounds interesting.

  2. reinders Says:

    made hummus yet? isn't that made from pine nuts?

  3. valandshawn Says:

    I'm not sure about hummus! I know pesto has pine nuts in it--which is what I was going to make, but I used up all my basil in another recipe. So--I'm hoping I'll get more basil this week so i can make pesto!

  4. milligans Says:

    i think there is a hint of bacon flavor in pine nuts if i remember correctly. but maybe my memory fails me or maybe we left ours sitting in the fridge too long after the initial excitement of a new food wore off or maybe we milligans are a bit weird? they are pretty tasty on a salad too.

  5. Mike Lyons Says:

    Okay, so I'm catching up on my blog reading... and interestingly, Bree's "My First Message" (kids Bible) substituted "pine nut" for "mustard seed" in the story I read to her tonight. Apparently God is trying to tell me something: pine nut.